Roblox rebuts LA County lawsuit alleging failure to protect children
Feb 22nd 2026
Los Angeles County sued Roblox on February 19, accusing the platform of enabling predators; Roblox says it disputes the claims and will defend itself while continuing to strengthen safety measures.
- LA County filed a civil lawsuit alleging Roblox is an unsafe online environment that has become a breeding ground for predators.
- County counsel Dawyn R. Harrison says the suit accuses Roblox of enabling grooming, exploitation, and assault of children.
- Roblox issued a statement saying it strongly disputes the claims and will defend against the lawsuit while emphasizing ongoing safety work.
- Roblox has faced prior legal action and investigations, including a 2023 class action and suits from multiple states such as Kentucky, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Reporting includes at least one case where a 15-year-old was allegedly groomed via Roblox and later sexually assaulted.
- Roblox logged more than 10 billion player hours last year and remains a major driver of growth in the global games industry.